Academy Leadership Team:
At Towngate, we work hard to develop pupils in our academy to become future leaders. We understand the importance in believing in individuals who can help to shape our school for the better. Each year, we recruit a team of Academy Councillors; a Head Boy and Girl; Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl; Prefects and Academy Buddies. The roles of these children are to work with our staff and pupils to make our school the best it can be!
Our class School Councillor representatives for 2018-2019 are:
Year 6 - George H
Year 5 - Jaimee
Year 4 - Cady
Year 3/4 - Phoebe G
Year 3 - Finley
Year 2 - Matilda
Year 1/2 - Isabelle
Year 1 - Phoebe H
As school councillors, our overall aim is to make a postive impact within our school and for all the children at Towngate Primary Academy. We work closely with Mrs Schofield, Mrs Drury, Mrs Berry and Miss Eke and attend regular council meetings and discuss our aims for the upcoming year, our fundraising and charity goals and share the views and suggestions of the pupils in our school.
- To create a 'healthy tuck shop' for children in KS2
- To finish the 'buddy bench' for the KS1 and 2 playground.
- To create and lead the whole school Easter and Harvest Service Assembly.
- To audit the playground equipment purchased by last year's School Council.
Our impact last academic year:
- Lead the whole school Harvest Festival and Easter Assembly
- Supported in leading the Anti-Bullying Week within the Academy
- We have contacted the local community to ask for support in building our buddy bench for the school playground
- Won £200 to spend on new outdoor play equipment through the Asda green token scheme.
- Held our first 'Race for Life' event in which we raised over £4000!
We want to make our school the best place it can possibly be, so please support the school council by checking for updates on our School Council display and offering any suggestions to your class representatives.