Welcome to Towngate Primary Academy!
Our School Day
Session Times Nursery
(part-time) 8.50 am to 11.50am (Morning session) or 12.30pm to 3.30pm (Afternoon session).
Reception Class to Year 6
School starts at 8.45am and finishes at 3.15pm.
Children should not arrive at the Academy before 8.40am unless attending arranged activities.
Open Door Policy
Here at Towngate, we operate an open door poilcy. Besides parent evenings, if you have any worries or concerns, please do come and see us because we can help and we are always pleased to see you. However, we do request that unless it is absolutely essential, teachers are seen at the end rather than the start of the Academy day to avoid distruption to lessons.
Each class has a ‘Meet the Teacher’ meeting at the beginning of each academic year to outline:
- Homework expectations
- Class rules
- Curriculum content
- Planned educational visits
- Information about upcoming formal assessments
Academy meals are served on the premises served from our Academy kitchen. The meals are served in the Dining Room on a cafeteria basis which allows some choice. Special dietary requirements e.g. due to cultural, religious or medical needs can be catered for by special arrangement.
- Children can bring sandwiches, although no facilities exist for warming food brought in, or for chilling food, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Water is provided to drink in the dining room or clear flavoured water from the children’s own water bottles can be drunk straight after lunch.
- The preferred method of payment is over the internet via the Academies cashless system https://www.scopay.com. Please ask at the Academies office for your child’s link code in order to set up this payment method. Payment can also be made by cash or cheque if parents/ carers have no access to the internet, cheques made payable to ‘Towngate Primary Academy’.
- In the event of a child being absent for whatever reason and an Academy meal not being ordered, the money will be carried forward to the following day/week.
- As staffing of the dining room is subject to the number of children having Academy meals we ask that, once a decision to have Academy meals or sandwiches has been made, you stay with that decision for at least half a term.
Free Academy Meals
- If your child / children are entitled to free Academy meals please inform the Academy, in the strictest confidence whether or not you wish to take up the option. Application forms for assistance for Academy meals are available from the Academy office.
- Children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are all entitled to universal free school meals. However, parents/carers are still encouraged to apply for free Academy meals based on eligibility even if their child is in Reception, Year 1 and 2 as the Academy can then benefit from additional funding for these pupils, which helps with the Academies funding.
- The Academy promotes healthy eating. Children are not allowed to bring sweets, chocolate or drinks other than water, which can be flavoured still water.
- The Academy is also part of the government’s School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme, which provides a piece of fruit or vegetable for every child in Nursery and Key Stage one each day. Children in Key Stage 2 are encouraged to bring fruit to eat during morning break.
- Children are also strongly encouraged to drink water and will need a water bottle each day. Please encourage children to bring their bottle home each evening in order for it to be thoroughly washed.
In our Academy, we aim to provide, for all partners:
We believe that children should feel a sense of ‘belonging’ to our Academy and that they should wear their uniform with pride. We also think that children should feel equal, and an Academy uniform contributes to this. Having a uniform also clearly states what the governors, staff and parents feel to be appropriate clothing for the Academy.
It also helps to clearly identify pupils when travelling to or from the Academy on Academy visits - a positive safety factor. It is an expectation that all children wear the official Academy logo jumper/cardigan and a requirement when representing the Academy on official visits. Our Academy uniform is detailed in our parent handbook below.
Please read all the information carefully and feel free to contact us on 01924 302865 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.
For more information about Towngate Primary Academy - please feel free to have a browse of our website.
Please find our parent handbook below: