All schools receive additional funding known as Pupil Premium Funding.
Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil premium is a funding initiative designed to provide support for children from low income families to ensure they make good progress and achieve their expected attainment. It is allocated to enable the attainment gap between disadvantaged children and their more economically advantaged peers to be narrowed. Pupil Premium Funding is to be used to put in place strategies which help raise the attainment of schools' most vulnerable children diminishing the differences between them and other pupils.
A schools' allocated pupil premium funding is calculated by the number of children in the school who are eligible for free school meals, who are looked after in care or from an Armed forces family. Each year we analyse the impact of our planned spend and use this analysis to inform our future plans; you can find the evaluated impact documents below.
Pupil Premium Allocation at Towngate Primary Academy
This year, the academy is receiving £63,230 pupil premium funding.
The Pupil Premium is spent in a specific way to ensure entitled pupils receive additional support and use of facilities in the hope of ensuring these pupils achieve their expected attainment. We use a range of strategies to support children through:
- Quality First Wave Teaching;
- Well planned, tailored intervention groups to develop the welfare of our pupils;
- Additional teaching assistant directed time spent offering pastoral support and care;
- One-to-one tuition sessions led by members of the Senior Leadership Team;
- Use of our highly skilled Learning Mentor and Attendance and Behaviour Officer to develop social and emotional skills;
- Subsidised residential trips to ensure disadvantaged pupils have equal opportunities;
- Pastoral support and time provided for additional reading, maths and language / communication skills to be developed.
For further information about how we have planned to spend our Pupil Premium funding here at Towngate Primary Academy, please click on the documents at the bottom of this page.